Sometimes I wonder if I am an adult now. Here are some arguments for and against … but I think it’s safe to say the jury is still out.
Reasons why I might be an adult now:
- I am 27-years old.
- I have bills (rent, hydro, internet, cell phone) and I pay them too!
- I am capable of taking care of a dog.
- Staying up late means going to bed at 11pm.
- I almost never sleep in (even on the rare occasions that I could).
- I’ve worked at the same job for over four years.
- I have budgets for my spending.
- I do my own taxes, and by “do my own” I mean I get them done by a professional.
- My friends are getting married and having kids.
- OMG, I’m getting married in 6 months!
Reasons why I can’t possibly be an adult yet:
- I still hate onions with a fiery passion.
- I just learned that “fiery” isn’t spelled “firey” like one would assume …
- I hit snooze on my alarm for about a hour each morning before I crawl out of bed.
- I still love my childhood blanket with bunnies and carrots on it.
- I can spend an entire day or weekend marathon watching series’ of TV shows.
- I regularly eat bags of candy.
- I still giggle at poop jokes.
- We recently had to buy new cutlery because I realized, a couple hours before having friends over for dinner, that we only owned one fork.
- I don’t make my bed unless I think my dog is not feeling well and there’s even a small chance she might poop in it when I’m at work.
- I can’t be left unattended in a gift shop (see photo evidence below).