Whoa! I totally forgot about my monthly check-in. Here it is … better late than never!
In March, I …
1. Participated in a RunVan club run downtown. BMO Vancouver Marathon ambassadors host a group run every Thursday morning at 6:30am starting at the Fairmont. I decided to get up super early one morning and join them. They are a welcoming group and very fast runners!
2. Went on my first running-related road trip to the Gorge Waterfalls 100k/50k. I wasn’t racing but it was fun nonetheless! I’d definitely like to try an out-of-town race in the near future – not sure if the Squamish 50 counts?? It’s so exciting to run in new scenery!
3. Was generally really busy … with marathon training, trail running, three weekend trips (Harrison, Kamloops, and the Gorge), plus the usual holding down a full-time job and general life stuff. It was pretty intense, no wonder I was so exhausted!
In April, I will …
1. Start slopitch season! I’m playing beer league slopitch with my usual team which starts right at the beginning of April. I’m looking forward to another season of fun times, cold beverages, and sunshine!
2. Taper for my marathon. With mileage peaking end of May / beginning of April, I will begin a three-week taper starting mid-April until the marathon on May 3rd … or at least that’s the plan! Easier said that done!
3. Participate in the Sun Run for the first time ever! The Sun Run is a staple race for inhabitants of the Lower Mainland. I find most people who are runners have completed this 10k race at least once. It attracts about 40,000 runners each year. I’m excited to finally participate in this Vancouver rite of passage.
March Posts You May Have Missed
- Squamish 50 Orientation Run – 23k
- Crazy. It’s all relative!
- Sea-to-Summit Trail & Sea-to-Sky Gondola
- Vancouver Marathon Training – 29k
- Quick Trip to Harrison Hot Springs
- Weekend Getaway to Kamloops