Thank you to Lynda of Fitnessmomwinecountry for nominating me and my blog for the Liebster Award! What is the Liebster you may be asking? Simply this …
The word Liebster is “beloved” in German. The “award” is given to bloggers by their peers and along with it comes a handful of questions in which each recipient answers. It is typically for new bloggers just starting out. Basically it is a type of virtual blogging chain letter and you get to know one another a bit better. You have the choice to accept and pay it forward OR decline and just move on.
I am always up for sharing the love and am excited to participate! Here we go! …
How did you decide on the name of your blog?
I’ve had the domain briehemingway.com since college. It was originally a site to showcase my graphic design portfolio. Since I’m not actively looking for work, I decided to turn it into a blog. It was just self titled until fairly recently when I made the jump to Brie “like the cheese”. It’s a little more fun and cute!
Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
I find inspiration in my day-to-day life. I’m lucky to be surrounded by strong, amazing people who help me push my limits and reach my goals. Positive feedback from friends, family, and my blog readers keeps me going!
What is it that you love most about blogging?
I’ve connected with and met some amazing people through blogging and social media. It is also a great tool for goal setting, reflection, and accountability.
What is your favorite food?
There are so many! If I can only choose one, I’d have to pick veggie pizza (with Daiya “cheez”). I order a lot of these from Panago!
What is your favorite thing to drink? (alcoholic or not)
Definitely coffee. It’s amazing. I usually just drink it black but love the occasional soy or almond milk latte for a treat!
What is an item you can’t live without?
My GPS watch … because let’s face it, I’d rather run without my shoes than without my watch! 😉
What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- I’m almost always happy.
- I’m incredibly ticklish.
- I put both salt and pepper on my corn on the cob (which my fiancé had never seen before).
- When I was a kid, I would cry if my mom wanted to get my hair cut.
- When I was a kid, everyone would tell me I looked like my dad. I always thought it was an odd thing to say to a little girl.
- I buy my lunch way too often.
- I’ve never owned my very own car.
- I’ve known my best friend since we were about two-years old. Many of my other friends I’ve known since elementary or high school. So basically, once your my friend, there’s no way out!
- When I get married (in a few months), I’m keeping my last name. My fiancé has never tried to convince me otherwise.
- I sleep like a baby every night.
- I’m not a morning person, but I try really hard to be!
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love living in the Vancouver area. While I would love to experience living in different places to explore and learn about other cultures, ultimately I would like to end up back in BC. It will always be my home.
If you could meet anyone from history (alive or dead) who?
Oh gosh, I never know how to answer this question. I’m not much of a celebrity or historical figures person. I’d say Steve Zissou but he’s a fictional character so I’ll have to go with the next best thing, Bill Murray.
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Trail running, of course!
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hmm … I’ll be in my early thirties, married to Jesse, hopefully in a bigger home (we live in a one bedroom apartment). Jesse will be a ticketed electrician and I’ll be advancing my career. And my blog will most likely be hugely popular! 😉
Here are my nominations …
- Everything but Weddings – Wedding blogger turned runner!
- Bradley on the Run – A smile that won’t quit!
- Robyn Baldwin – The toughest woman out there!
- Angie Runs – You can always count on Angie for a donut!
- Marathon Mom – Ran a marathon twice in a row … for fun!?
- Running for the Average Joe – Inspiring runners of all levels and abilities!