The theme of Week 5 of my Gorge 100k training was climbing! I didn’t reach my goal (yet) to run a 90 km week but I did get over 3000 m of elevation gain in thanks to a pre-run climb up and down the steep BCMC trail with headlamps and microspikes.
I’m really happy with the mileage I’ve been getting so far but I can feel it starting to take it’s toll. I’m focusing now on relaxing (both while running and not running) and stretching. I hold a lot of tension in my face and shoulders so I’m consciously trying to shake that out.
- Monday – 10.1 km lunch road run
- Tuesday – Rest day
- Wednesday – Rest day
- Thursday – 10 km lunch road run
- Friday – 10 km lunch road run
- Saturday – 20.5 km morning trail run
- Sunday – 26.6 km morning trail run
- Total Distance – 77.3 km
- Total Elevation Gain – 3020 m
- Total Time – 11h 21m