Week 6 of my Gorge 100k training took a turn for the worse when I got sick and my neck got super tight (not sure if it is from being sick??). I took a couple unanticipated days off to rest and recover and felt better (enough) by the weekend. I was surprise by how good Saturday’s run felt actually and on Sunday I ran a 2:10 half marathon on tired legs (which is a not bad for me at the best of times haha).
It’s shaping up to be my first ever 300+ km month (*knock on wood*) which I am super stoked about! Hoping to finally get a 90 km week as well!
- Monday – Rest day
- Tuesday – 10 km lunch road run
- Wednesday – 14 km lunch road run
- Thursday – Sick day
- Friday – Sick day
- Saturday – 27.2 km morning trail run
- Sunday – Chilly Chase Half Marathon
- Total Distance – 73 km
- Total Elevation Gain – 1000 m
- Total Time – 8h 1m