I started off the year with a bang by doing the Club Fat Ass “New Years Day 50K and Freeze Your Fat Ass Off Swim.” But technically that didn’t happen this week. It was a slow, fun run having to navigate slippery conditions and stopping at a couple Starbucks along the way. I recovered quickly and had a fantastic week following it filled with lunch runs and trail time.
- Monday – Rest day
- Tuesday – 10 km RUNch club road run
- Wednesday – 8.5 km RunGo – Vancouver lunch road run
- Thursday – 6 km + 6 km run commutes to/from the SkyTrain
- Friday – 10 km RUNch club road run
- Saturday – 10.8 km snow hike
- Sunday – 23.2 km trail run with Dylan (@sweatyyetica)
- Total Distance – 74.9 km
- Total Elevation Gain – 1,673 m
- Total Time – 9h 9m
My legs only started to feel the effects of fatigue during my trail run on Sunday, but still felt strong. I’m looking forward to preparing a training plan for my next goal, the Van 100 (a double crossing of the Baden Powell sometime in May) and cranking up the trail time and mileage!