In February, I …
1. Hosted a small wine night to choose wines for my wedding. We had about 15 different bottles of red and white that we blindly sampled and came to a concensus on our favourites. It was a lot of fun … And a lot of wine!
2. Watched Gilmore Girls … a lot. I missed the show when it was on TV so when I saw it on Netflix I figured why not? It’s got some funny banter but some strange plot lines. Spoiler alert: Over seven seasons Lorelei gets engaged three times and married once, which doesn’t last long. I’ve got a few episodes left so it’s still possible that those numbers could change. While Lorelei and her daughter Rory are both smart and generally quite successful in their professional lives, it’s painful to watch their relationships fall apart.
3. Celebrated Valentines Day! It began with Jesse waking up at the crack of dawn to make me a breakfast of fried tofu hearts and red peppers before I met up with friends for a 7:30am run. We later went to the theatre to see The Imitation Game.
In March, I will …
1. Attempt to pace a friend during the last half of their 100k run! Yes, this ideally means running 50k although I’ve been told it’s more of a “death march” at that point. I’m not sure how much help I’ll be but I guess running with me is better than running alone!
2. Visit Kamloops. Jesse and I are going up to Kamloops to visit his cousin and his wife for a weekend. They are very outdoorsy people so we’re looking forward to some adventures! We are also transporting his other cousin’s dog there.
3. Meet my friend’s new baby! Her and her finance are visiting from Calgary. I’ve only seen pictures so far, but he is super adorable.